Who exactly are we?
We are a digital branding agency based in downtown Vancouver. In a multi-device, multi-screen and multi-context digital world, our mission at Skyrocket is to create stuff that blurs the lines between product and service, the emotional and functional, the real world and the digital. Using best of breed tools and technologies, we deliver design and strategy that help our clients flourish in the digital economy. The core of what we do is in designing for tomorrow.
We love what we do, always pushing the envelope and always asking questions. We are a highly collaborative team, a team in which everyone has the opportunity to take their work to the next level. The crew is relatively small, sporting a wide and diverse range of skills and personalities that gives the office a unique charm. The products we ship reflect everything we stand for, and our clients love us for it. We pride ourselves on being thought leaders, attracting new business and acting as a spotlight for our talented city.
Who exactly are you?
You’re a digital native, born from the expansive fallopian tubes of technology. You also have a love for branding, understanding how the intricacies of branding and digital weave together in this strange and slightly disturbing parental analogy.
You have your finger on the pulse of digital, marketing, branding and business news, with your go-to device quite literally at arm’s reach. Even better, your arm is a device because you’re part cyborg. You enjoy working closely with other people— team members, clients or partners. Your attention to detail is precise, your reflexes swift and your juggling skills are legendary. You know your way around a few acronyms, including CRM, CMS, UX, UI and almost any other combination the industry decides to coin. You appreciate a good laugh, a good business sense and a good exposed brick. You’re a fan of a good brew (beer, coffee or any other liquid that exists outside of those, if such things exist), you eat office snacks on the reg and enjoy sharing all the cool shit you find on the internet (every Friday). If you’re still reading this, you’re probably a good fit already.
What to expect
On the day-to-day, you’ll work alongside our Client Services team and use your organizational skills to manage multiple accounts, maintain relationships and stay on top of the to-do list. Week-to-week, you’ll manage your time against timelines and budgets - fielding the inevitable curve ball here and there. Month-to-month, you’ll forge strong relationships with new and existing clients, adding strategic value to the external accounts but also sharing knowledge internally with the team. From time to time, you’ll even get to wear different hats and toques by going to social networking events, writing for our blog or maybe even showing off a hidden talent.
Most importantly, you care. You bring integrity to your work ethic by giving it your all. If you don’t know something, you learn it. If you need help, you ask. You do whatever it takes to leave our clients feeling totally confident in the team, and our ability to execute.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, Communications or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of experience in Account Management or Business Consulting
- Strong working knowledge of digital production processes
- A high level of initiative, taking responsibility for client needs and wants
- Critical thinking with strong literacy, analytical and administrative skills
- Strategic problem-solver, using research, data and consultation to solve problems
- Self-learner with an appetite for the unknown - flexing your Google skills in a pinch to get caught up to speed and keep the ball rolling.
The Ideal Candidate
- Exceptional communication skills
- Confident, personable and persuasive, with the ability to form lasting professional relationships
- Passion for learning and growing skills in a dynamic, lean, team-oriented environment
- Willingness to take full ownership of projects and see them through to completion
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once and remain focused on priorities under pressure
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to look forward at the big picture
- A strong understanding of how to uncover the root cause to challenges
- Can understand and share a vision to align people as necessary